Why resistance bands are such a great exercise aid March 04 2014
What are resistance bands?
Resistance bands or often known as Exercise bands are made from strong, thin rubber and come in a variety of resistances depending on your fitness level. Typically they come in Easy, Medium and Hard (this being for the more experienced exerciser) With resistance bands, you can do just about any type of strength training exercise from a chest press through to squats all without the need for heavy weights.
If you have never tried resistance bands, or you’re new to them, you may be surprised at how versatile they really are, plus the many benefits that you can achieve from what is essentially a reinforced rubber band.
So, what are the benefits of resistance bands?
Firstly, cost. Resistance bands are a very inexpensive piece of exercise equipment. Prices typically ranging from £5 upwards per band. This is incredible considering you can perform a complete body workout with these!
Secondly, they are prefect for all levels of exercise expertise. Whether you’re a beginner or an expert, resistance bands are for you. They come in a variety of resistances, including easy, medium and strong. It is very easy to increase the resistance further by adding multiple bands, plus you can adjust the intensity of your resistance band workouts by giving the band more or less slack.
Thirdly, exercise bands can be used to achieve a full body workout! Utilising all the muscle groups.
Fourthly, keep it simple, exercise bands can be used from the simplest bicep curl, through to squats, chest press, triceps extensions, the exercises are endless, all from a simple band.
Other benefits include:
- They are portable, take them with you anywhere. Use in Hotel, at the Gym at Home, in the office.
- Space, they take up no space at all. When you have finished with them, put them in the draw.
- Use on your own, with heavy weights you should use an exercise spotter/partner not needed with resistance bands , these can be used safely on your own.
- They are perfect for:
- Toning, Sculpting and Conditioning.
- Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy Exercise.
- Yoga, Pilates and Strength Training.
- Pregnancy and Post Natal Exercise
What a great piece of exercise equipment, all for under £10.